We have heard tons of great feedback from our adopters and are excited to say we are in the final stages before our release! We anticipate making a release announcement in the next week, so keep an eye out!
We have done a build to fix a couple issues that you’ve brought to our attention. Here are the changes we’ve made:
- Re-enable the global config menu item if the global config gets deleted – An issue was reported that was when a global config file was deleted the menu item became disabled. Now even when the global config file is deleted the menu item gets re-enabled, not affecting your solution.
- The “Get Sitecore Items” window duplicate detection is case sensitive – When you had duplicate items in your project and ran the duplicate item detector it was not picking up letters with different cases. We resolved this issue by telling TDS to ignore case when making this detection.
- Slow Project Loading – When a TDS project was being loaded for the first time, it took Visual Studio a few minutes to load the project. The first time none of the items exist in the Sitecore instance. This causes an exception to be thrown in SitecoreIconCache line 96. However because the exception contains the words "not found" the cache failure time is not set. This means that for every item added to the project TDS, it has to request not only the icon for the current loading icon, but the icon for all other items at that level in the project. If they don't exist it causes a massive overhead.
- Cleanup whitespace in file – When we were generating TT files, there was white space being made in the middle of the file. This whitespace was not appealing to many developers. We changed the protocol to not create whitespace during TT file generation.
- Change the load order of the Microsoft.Web.Publishing.Tasks.dll - Currently, we search for the Microsoft.Web.Publishing.Tasks.dll by looking for the older versions first. This may cause problems if new features are released by MS for transformations. Trying to load the 2013 version of the dll into VS2010 may fail. We have switched the load order to help ensure acceptance of new features.
We’ve done a build with all these fixes that you can currently download. If you experience any issues make sure to email us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Also, make sure to keep an eye out for our official release date announcement!