March 13, 2017 | Orlin Nedyalkov
Hedgehog's latest product, Feydra, allows front-end developers to work with the tools they prefer by virtualizing the entire Sitecore instance. This lets front-end developers commit their changes to Source Control without requiring the intervention of a back-end developer.
To help users, I've put together a short step-by-step list for installing, configuring and, most importantly, using the product. Please note that this is a “front-end quick start guide,” so it refers only to the actions after Feydra is installed on the server and configured properly. I’ve made this as short and simple as possible, so let me know if you have questions!
1) Open the control panel in your browser “/Feydra”.
2) Select: Activate as “USER” (your user).
3) Open the file you want to edit (CSS, JS, CSHTML) in your favorite editor.
4) Save the file to “/FeydraRoot/USER/…” on the server (be sure to match the path).
5) Refresh the page in the browser and see your changes.
Note about point 4 – saving the file on the server depends on your project configuration (Unc path, remote access, FTP, etc.). You may automate this step with grunt, gulp, etc.